How far along: 21 weeks
Baby size: The size of a pomegranate. Around 10.5 inches long and weighs 12.7 oz. On the "dad" section of thebump.com it compares the baby's size at week 21 to an 80s fanny pack.
Bellybutton in or out: In
Maternity clothes: Not yet but I've been wearing a belly band and using a hair tie to hold my pants closed for some of my pants/shorts.
Symptoms: Hunger and heartburn
Names: "Baby Duck"
Gender: Not finding out. We both walked in for the 20 week ultrasound and said "we don't want to know" and the tech laughed.
Movement: I've been feeling the baby move a little. At my 20 week appointment I found out that the placenta is in the front which explains why I can't feel the baby move as much.
Sleep: Yay Unisom.
Food aversions: none
Food cravings: anything salty and a monster cookie from Cheddars....I shudder to think of how many calories are in that.
Best moment(s) the past 2 weeks: The 20 week ultrasound. Everything looks great with the baby!!! It's about 14oz and it's brain, heart, spine, etc look good. We didn't get a really great picture of the profile because apparently "baby duck" likes their hands up next to their face/ is camera shy.
What I miss: nothing
What I'm looking forward to: it's still a few weeks away but football season is almost here.
What's going on with the baby: You may feel like the baby is practicing martial arts as it's initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges.You may also notice a pattern to it's activity. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present.
No comments:
Post a Comment